Executive Board Meeting – 10/16/22
SLOBS Executive Board Meeting Sunday, October 16 @ 4:00 Westport Library Board Room
- ● 60 sign-ups at the involvement fair;
- ● General meeting this Wednesday (CPR training);Philanthropy Report:
- ● 2 upcoming events (Craft Westport, Coleytown Elementary Spooktacular are already onivolunteer);
- ● Sustainable Westport, Remarkable Theater, and Chamber of Commerce Dogfestival stillneed liaisons;
- ● WTF Octoberfest: boys can’t help with things directly related to alcohol (serving, cleaningcups containing drinks, etc), SLOBS and liaisons should make a statement toorganizations clarifying what the kids can and can’t do. Membership:
● 65 freshmen, 59 sophomores, 56 juniors, and 44 seniors have paid dues, so around 50 slots for sign-up should still be available.
- ● Everyone must use their school emails to sign up for events to ensure the hours go tothe same place every time–we need to stress this at the next meeting and in blasts;
- ● Don’t give hours for working meetings;
- ● Donations are 1/2hour credit at the meeting;
- ● We should move to Google Docs for attendance to streamline the process (can takeattendance as well as check for donations);
- ● New AP wants attendance so this would be a good thing to do anyway; also important tohave attendance info for nominating committee in the spring. Communications report:
- ● MailChimp is under control, website/WordPress is still being figured out;
- ● The backlog of pictures from various events still needs to be uploaded to the site;
- ● After each event liaisons should send photos to both President (Jet can upload photos tothe instagram account) and communications. Donations Report:
- ● Department of Human Services gift card drive for Stop and Shop etc. at the November meeting;
- ● December meeting should open a spot for a canned foods drive or something similar for the Caroline house.Treasurer’s Report:
● The balance is currently $11,007.48, checks are still coming in.
- ● The next meeting is the CPR class (kids should stay for the whole meeting);
- ● 11/17 is a working meeting as well (TBD);
● The December meeting will be held on 12/6 (Executive Board meeting the Sunday before).
● Working on getting a date for basketball, date should be a Friday in this order:
March 24, March 17, then March 10.